Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Been a While... Time to Catch Up!

la Mosquee de Paris

L'Opera Garnier

Versailles
So it seems quite apparent due to my abscence that things are getting very busy really fast. Tomorrow is the last day of my orientation courses and next week begins my year studying at French universities (three of them might I add). This week was a bit hectic as most of us tried to enroll in our courses and were told that we were not listed in the university system... therefore, we couldnt officially enroll and we were frustrated for having to wait two hours to meet with the direction of international study in order for him to tell us that the director of our program enrolls for us when he receives our student identification cards. All is well, we can just go to our classes beginning next week and let the professors know that we are international students and that we are waiting for our cards to officially enroll. On a different note, we have been learning everything we can about Paris and are very excited to be around for some amazing experiences, (last weekend the Pope came to make a speech, this weekend is "journee de patrimoine"- all museums, historical sites and many shops will be open and gratuit- FREE, which is very nice for students, especially foreign students who would pay the normal fare to see these once in a lifetime exhibits another time).

I have been babysitting for two weeks now and I adore the children. Everyday I get to spend my afternoons playing basketball and soccer with A before we go back to his house and I make dinner for A and R. They are both delightful and they teach me everything there is to know about French culture (they are quite informed about American culture I must add).

I am going to post lots of pictures from group outings to the castle of Versailles, l'Opera Garnier, the building that was used to film the Phantom of the Opera a few years ago and the actual opera outlined in the book.

I have to finish here because I must study for my History exam but I will try not to wait so long to update!

3 comments:

Kathy Rogers said...

Gorgeous!

The buildings are nice, too...

kathy a. said...

wonderful! glad you are having a grand time, and hope the classes go well, too!

Yankee, Transferred said...

EXCELLENT! Glad to see the update!
Blogger Extraordinaire!
Love you the most,
Mom